Install quality patio doors and dramatically improve your home’s atmosphere. Bathe your home in sunshine and improve airflow while creating an attractive path to your outdoor patio, deck, or lawn space. Plus, when you select new patio doors from Andersen®, ProVia®, or Alside® you’ll improve the value of your home while experiencing:
- Energy savings
- Improved security
- Durable construction
Opal Enterprises lets you design a one-of-a-kind entryway with near-endless styles and choices. You can create a look that reflects your personal style today. Our patio door installation pros in Des Plaines are ready to provide a free, virtual consultation.
Why Do I Need New Patio Doors Installed?
Investing in replacement or new patio entryways gives you stylish yet practical doors that open up your home and come with several benefits. The following are a few reasons to consider installing patio doors:
They Increase Your Energy Savings
Today’s patio doors are constructed with superior insulation and high-quality glass, helping you improve your energy savings while reducing outdoor sounds. The most energy-efficient sliding or hinged patio doors have:
- A way of diminishing cold and heat transfer: Our patio doors use a spacer system that contracts and expands through temperature fluctuations.
- Reduced heat transfer: Select double-paned glass doors with krypton, xenon, or krypton for less heat transfer and more insulation.
- A certification from the government-backed program, Energy Star, letting you know that you’ve invested in doors that are highly energy efficient.
- A way to reflect the sun’s UV rays away from your house and protect your furniture from sun bleaching using Low-E film coating. This protective film contains metal or metal oxide to help you maintain cooler temperatures in your home.
Security Features to Protect Your Des Plaines Home from Break-Ins
There is no doubt that you’ll take additional precautions when reinforcing your Des Plaines home’s other entry doors. And you may also take extra measures to secure your windows. Yet, how about your patio doors?
In the past, patio doors offered burglars an easier way to access a victim’s home. Modern patio entryways are built with safety and security in mind to protect your family and your possessions.
For example, many doors today include a multi-point locking system, foot locks, steel-reinforced frames, and sensors helping you to rest easy, knowing your home is secure.
Patio Doors Are Made to Last
Today’s patio doors are beautifully designed and built of quality materials that are made to last. In particular, doors made with composite, vinyl, or fiberglass frames are nearly maintenance-free and stand up to years of wear and tear.
Andersen, for instance, makes a composite material called Fibrex made of fused thermoplastic polymer and reclaimed wood. Fibrex was made to stand up to extreme temperatures and is two times stronger than vinyl. In addition, many screen doors come with a manufacturer’s warranty on parts and materials.
Patio Doors Are Available in Hinged (French) or Sliding Styles
Door and window manufacturers offer patio doors to fit any function, style, and budget, including:
- Hinged patio doors: Hinged doors are also known as French doors and are available in outswing or inswing models. These classy doors are as elegant as they are energy efficient, and many come with optional transom and sidelight windows.
- Gliding patio doors: Gliding, or sliding glass doors, are opened horizontally on rollers on a track with one stationary glass panel and the other an operating glass panel. This patio door model is perfect for smaller spaces or for people who don’t want open doors interfering with their patio space.
How Long Does It Take to Install a Patio Door in Des Plaines?
Most patio door installation projects can be completed in less than one day. When you hire Opal Enterprises, we’ll send out a team of experienced patio door installers in Des Plaines who have the knowledge it takes to get the job done fast!
Yet, some patio door types take longer than average to install. For example, you can expect your installation to take longer if your new door is extra-large or it has three or more panels rather than the typical two.
It’s also more time consuming to install a patio door in a location that doesn’t already have one. Replacing an existing door is just a matter of matching the new door to the current space. However, installing a brand-new door will require your installers to create an opening and get the necessary Des Plaines building and permit information.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a Patio Door?
The nationwide average for a patio door installation is around $2,000 to $4,000, but your cost could be more or less depending on which door you choose. The cost of materials varies widely depending on the door’s size and quality, and labor costs also fluctuate based on how long the door takes to install.
In general, you will pay an overall higher price to purchase and install doors with:
- A hinged French style, versus sliding doors
- Larger dimensions or more panels
- Stronger materials like steel or fiberglass
- Customizations like an unusual size or shape
- Dual or triple-pane glass
- Specialized glass features like artistic touches, texture, or hurricane resistance
- Greater energy efficiency
- Optional features like grills or integrated blinds
- Higher quality construction
- More expensive hardware upgrades
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Call Opal Enterprises for Your Des Plaines Patio Door Installation
Call us today or visit our showroom for a wide selection of patio doors from top makers, including Andersen®, ProVia®, or Alside®. Our line of patio doors is top-of-the-line, and any model you choose will instantly improve the look of your home.
At Opal Enterprises, we set our sights on ensuring every one of our customers has a fantastic remodeling experience. So, we install patio doors in Des Plaines with certified expertise.
As soon as you provide us your information using our contact us form, a representative will schedule a free consultation. After that, we’ll come to your home and help you craft a plan to match your dreams and your budget. For the best contractors in the Chicagoland area, call Opal today.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation