Patio doors in the home can age over time, leaving your space in need of updates. If this is the case, installing new patio doors in Mount prospect can benefit your indoor and outdoor space for various reasons.
At Opal Exteriors, we strive to provide your home with the vision you are seeking. From patio door installation in Mount Prospect to home improvements, we can do it all. By using quality materials and customizing any project, your patio doors will look their best.
Styles of Patio Doors We Can Install
When it comes to your patio, choosing the best fit for your home is imperative. There are countless options that you can choose from depending on the space you are improving.
Your first option would be to choose sliding patio doors. These doors give you easy access to your outside space because they are attached by one side and easily slid open from the other. Sliding doors are easily customizable and offer your home a classic look.
Hinged patio doors, also known as french doors, are a common choice for many homeowners. They can be opened inward or outward, giving you maximum space wherever your time is spent.
The final option we offer is single-door patio doors. This patio door is much like a front entry door because it is hinged at one side, allowing you to enter and exit your home easily. These doors are a great option if you have limited space but are looking for access to your backyard.
By choosing a style of patio door you are interested in, you can determine the materials you wish to use. When doing so, there are various things you need to consider, which include:
- The level of maintenance required: Some materials and styles of patio doors require varied repairs or maintenance. Fiberglass or vinyl materials will be your best bet if you want low-maintenance patio doors.
- Any space constraints: If you have a small amount of space to work with, a simple sliding door might be beneficial. In contrast, French doors take up a lot of space and might not be an excellent option for your home.
- Any energy-efficient features you’re interested in: For many, energy efficiency is important when choosing new patio doors. Our doors meet Energy Star standards and energy performance ratings, leaving your home with decreased utility bills. If you are interested in protecting your home against the elements, we can offer you quality options.
- The level of security you are looking for: The doors we offer at Opal Exteriors will allow you to upgrade your locks or choose special security features. The better security you have in your home, the safer you will feel. So, if you care about this, the type of door and material chosen will be crucial.
Questions? Call 847-380-8868 in Des Plaines and 630-355-6557 in Naperville
Choosing the Right Option for Your Patio Door
Picking a door style is one thing, but choosing your door’s material is of utmost importance. There are many things you can decide on when choosing a door, and whatever you are looking for can be done at Opal Exteriors.
Some options we offer include:
- Wood: A wood door can be easily stained or painted to fit each individual’s needs and require minimal maintenance. Wood is one of the most common choices for those wishing to spruce up their home’s curb appeal. However, wood does come with a high price tag and can swell or rot in some weather conditions.
- Fiberglass: As the next common door material choice, fiberglass doors don’t dent or rust and can come in many different styles and colors. It’s common for many to choose between fiberglass or wood doors.
- Vinyl: It’s hard to go wrong with vinyl patio doors. They are energy efficient, they can stand up to the elements, and they require very little maintenance. Vinyl is a fantastic choice if you live in a moderate climate, and it’s also a good option for homeowners who have concerns about termites.
When to Get Install New Patio Doors in Mount Prospect
You might think that installing a patio door in Hinsdale is expensive and time-consuming. However, the installation cost and the time it takes for the project to be finished is well worth it. Patio door replacement is a significant investment to make for your home.
As with anything in your home, it sometimes is crucial to replace major stables. Typically, there are a few ways you can tell your patio doors need to be replaced.
If you think it’s time to replace your patio door, or if you are questioning whether or not you need a replacement, here are some things you can look for:
- Drafts near your door: A tell-tale sign of your patio door’s wear and tear is if you feel a draft near its frame. Your patio door can age; when it does, its seal wears down and can cause heat or air to leave your home.
- Visible damage to your door or door frame: This is a pretty obvious way to know if a new patio door needs to be installed. There could be cracks in the door itself or the door’s structure. If this is the case, you will likely need to have a new patio door installed.
- Noise or sticking when your door opens: A perfect patio door will open and close without effort. If your door makes noises or sticks when you’re trying to open it, it could be caused by a sagging frame.
- Leaks or water damage inside the home near your door: If you see condensation or moisture inside your patio door, it’s time to replace it. Sure, water intrusion might have other causes, but it is common for doors to lose their watertight seal.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Contact Opal Exteriors Today for Patio Door Installation in Mount Prospect
There are many home projects that you can do on your own, but when it comes to patio door installation in Mount Prospect, it’s best to leave the hard work to the professionals. With years of experience, Opal Exteriors can turn your patio vision into a reality.
If you have questions about installation or the styles we offer, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact us today for a free consultation.