An outdoor patio space is something that many believe is a great addition to the home. But with any outdoor area, there must be a link to the two spaces. This is where quality patio doors come into play.
Are you looking to lower your utility bills, boost your home’s curb appeal, or create a safer indoor space via patio doors? If so, a reliable company’s patio door installation in Hinsdale, IL, will be the first step you must take.
At Opal Exteriors, we understand how important patio door installation is and can help you choose materials, styles, and features to make your home shine. We can provide you with more information about patio doors
Styles of Patio Doors
When it comes to your patio, choosing the right fit for your home is imperative. There are countless options that you can choose from depending on the space you are improving. Here are some of the choices you can choose from:
- Sliding patio doors: These doors will attach to one side of your wall and slide open the opposite way. These doors give you easy access to the outside space you have. Sliding doors are easily customizable and offer your home a classic look.
- Hinged patio doors: Also known as french doors, these hinged doors can open inward or outward. Due to this, you will be provided with the maximum amount of space inside your home or on your patio.
- Single door patio doors: This type of patio door is much like a front entry door. Hinged at one side, a single door will allow you to enter and exit your home easily, similar to a regular door.
By choosing a style of patio door you are interested in, you can determine the materials you wish to use. However, choosing the suitable material can also require a few other factors to be considered, which include:
- Do you have space constraints?: If you have a small amount of space to work with, a simple sliding door might be beneficial. In contrast, French doors take up a lot of space and might not be an excellent option for your home.
- Maintenance: Some materials and styles of patio doors require varied repairs or maintenance. Fiberglass or vinyl materials will be your best bet if you want low-maintenance patio doors.
- The security a door offers your home: The doors we offer at Opal Exteriors will allow you to upgrade your locks or choose special security features. The better security you have in your home, the safer you will feel. So, if this is something you care about, the type of door and material chosen will be crucial.
- Energy-efficient features: For many, energy efficiency is important when choosing new patio doors. Our doors meet Energy Star standards, leaving your home with decreased utility bills. If you are interested in protecting your home against the elements, we can offer you quality options.
Questions? Call 847-380-8868 in Des Plaines and 630-355-6557 in Naperville
Choosing the Right Option
Picking a material for your patio doors is another huge decision you must make. With the few materials we can supply, you are bound to find the perfect fit. Some options we offer include:
- Fiberglass: As the next common door material choice, fiberglass doors don’t dent or rust and can come in many different styles and colors. It’s common for many to choose between fiberglass or wood doors.
- Wood: A wood door can be easily stained or painted to fit each individual’s needs and require minimal maintenance. Wood is one of the most common choices for those who wish to spruce up their home’s curb appeal. However, wood does come with a high price tag and can swell or rot in some weather conditions.
- Vinyl: If you live in a moderate climate or you have concerns about moisture damage or termites, vinyl patio doors may be an excellent choice for you. Vinyl is also ideal for homeowners who want an option that requires fewer repairs and maintenance.
Why Patio Door Installation in Hinsdale Is a Great Option
You might think that installing a patio door in Hinsdale is expensive and time-consuming. However, the cost of installation and the time it takes for the project to be finished is well worth it. Patio door replacement is a great investment to make for your home.
As with anything in your home, it can often be crucial to replace major fixtures. Typically, there are a few ways you can tell your patio doors need to be replaced. Here are some things you can keep an eye out for when utilizing your patio door and questioning if it needs to be replaced:
- Visible damage: This is a pretty obvious way to know if a new patio door needs to be installed. There could be cracks in the door itself or on the structure of the door. If this is the case, you will likely need to have a new patio door installed.
- Feeling for drafts: A tell-tale sign of your patio door’s wear and tear is if you feel a draft near its frame. Your patio door can age, and when it does, its seal wears down and can cause heat or air to leave your home.
- Sticking or noise when it’s being opened: A perfect patio door will open and close with no effort. If your door makes noises or sticks when you’re trying to open it, it could be caused by a sagging frame.
- Leaks or water found inside the home near your door: If you see condensation or moisture inside your patio door, it’s time to replace it. Sure, water intrusion might have other causes, but it is common for doors to lose their watertight seal.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
The Benefits of Patio Door Installation
Countless benefits come with patio door installation. You may think that installing new patio doors can help with the beauty of your home, but there’s much more to it than that. Some of the other benefits of installing patio doors are:
- Enhanced views of your outdoor space
- Enhancing the natural light inside your home
- Increased property value
- Saving money on some utility bills
- Protecting your home from the elements or intruders
Why Choose Opal Exteriors for Patio Installation in Your Hinsdale Home
Why take the time and money to choose door styles, and materials and install a patio door on your own when you can reach out to the professionals. Patio door installation in Hinsdale, IL, isn’t an easy task to take on by yourself. You and your home deserve the best services available, which is why Opal Exteriors is your one-stop-shop for perfection.
If you are looking for patio door ideas or styles, contact us today. By reaching out, we offer free estimates so that you know exactly what to expect from start to finish.