Getting your windows replaced in your home can be a stressful and tricky project. From deciding which type of window material you’d like to implement to choosing what type of window style you are looking for, there are various factors to consider.
With that being said, it is sometimes a better option to seek out the help of professionals that specialize in window placements in Hinsdale. At Opal Exteriors, we offer numerous options for window replacement and can customize window orders for your home.
Windows We Offer for Replacement in Hinsdale
When it comes to windows, there are multiple options that you can choose from, spanning countless types of window types. Luckily, we have extensive experience with window installation and can work with you and your home to fit your needs. Some of these options that we can provide are:
- Fiberglass windows: Our fiberglass windows are crafted from a blend of fiberglass and UV polymer, making them the perfect choice for protecting your home from harsh weather conditions. These windows offer increased durability than other options and exceed ENERGY STAR® standards.
- Composite windows: Known to block thermal transfer up to 700 times better than aluminum, composite windows are a practical choice for most homeowners. Composite windows can resist various problems such as decay, rot, fungal growth, flaking or peeling, and corroding.
- Vinyl windows: Vinyl windows are designed with energy efficiency in mind. Typically, these windows can limit the heat transfer into your home, giving your home a cool temperature. These windows can keep heat inside your home, making it warm in the winter. Installation of these windows is very easy and can be adapted to your home’s needs.
- Wood windows: Wood windows are the best choice if you are searching for unmatched beauty. These windows are dressed in aluminum and vinyl, making them resistant to harsh weather conditions and the elements. You won’t need frequent maintenance with windows like these, which is a plus for some homeowners.
High-quality, energy-efficient windows in your home
Types of Windows That Need Replacements
A home can have multiple types of window designs, making window installation a complicated job. Luckily, Opal Exteriors offers countless types of window-type replacements, making the job seamless.
Deciding the type of window you need in your home will depend on what you are looking for and the vision you are creating in your home. Generally, you can choose from these styles when it’s time for window replacement in your Hinsdale home:
- Single-hung and double-hung: Single-hung windows have a set-top sash which allows them to be opened or closed using the bottom sash. Double-hung windows have the ability to open from the top or the bottom as well and are titled inwards to let fresh air inside.
- Awning windows: These windows are hinged at the top and open outward, making them the perfect option if you wish to let natural light and a bit of fresh air into your home.
- Casement windows: These windows are attached to a frame and can open from the sides. Casement windows provide great views of the outdoors because they ultimately open as a door does.
- Bay windows: These gorgeous windows are made with three large panels of glass and open outwards. Bay windows allow tons of natural light to come into your home. A bay window can definitely make a statement for your home.
- Bow windows: Bow windows are formed by joining four or more panels together. From here, these windows can extend outwards, giving you more free space in your home.
- Picture windows: These windows are large immobile windows that will provide you with clear views of the outdoors. Custom frames can be made for windows like these, making them a gorgeous addition to your customized home.
When Do Your Windows Need to Be Replaced?
Your windows will age over time, similar to anything in your home. There are a few tell-tale signs that it’s time to replace your windows. We will go over these signs below:
- Visible damage: The most obvious sign of needing a window replacement is by seeing visible damage on your windows. If your windows have any type of damage, such as cracks or water seepage, they need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Drafts: Many things can happen from a window draft. For starters, your utility bills will increase because your home’s temperature won’t be stable, and the elements can get into the interior of your home.
- Sound isn’t eliminated: If you live in a busy area, or can clearly hear everything that’s going on outside of your home, your windows are most likely aging. By replacing your windows, you can install more or get custom soundproof windows to make your home more peaceful.
High-quality, energy-efficient windows in your home
Benefits of Window Replacement in Hinsdale
There are various ways that replacing your windows in Hinsdale can reap the benefits. Even if window replacement isn’t at the top of your list, it’s something that needs to be done in order to make your home in perfect condition.
Some of the benefits you can get when replacing your windows are:
- Saving money in the long run: At first, window replacement is costly, but over time, you will save money. Whether your utility bills decrease or little maintenance is needed, you will save a bit of money. New windows can control your home’s interior temperature, all while offering your home with added installation.
- Increased curb appeal: Window replacement, in a way, is an investment. By replacing your windows, your home’s value may also increase. Additionally, guests and passersby will view your house and see its added appearance.
- Safety: The locks on your windows can age, leaving your home more susceptible to break-ins. With new windows, you will also get new locks and security systems, which can make your home safer.
Contact Us for Window Replacement in Hinsdale
For countless years, we have assisted homeowners in creating their dream space, all through window replacement in Hinsdale. We can make any vision a reality by allowing you to choose from various types of windows and materials.
At Opal Exteriors, we are the skilled home improvement team you should trust. If you are ready to get started and reap the benefits of window replacement, contact us today for a free consultation.