It’s a smart choice! Choosing the right replacement window is a complex decision with a world of options. After many years of installing windows and working with various brands, we’ve hand-selected the windows we think are best for the job.
Today’s most popular material choices for replacement windows include vinyl and a composite window by Andersen Windows & Doors, known as the Fibrex® 100 Series. This revolutionary window is durable and strong, making it our choice for composite window installations.
To learn more about this 100% composite state-of-the-art frame choice, call our Andersen Window experts at Opal Enterprises today.
What’s Fibrex® Made Out of?
The Andersen 100 Series line of windows and patio doors are constructed of 100% Fibrex® composite material. Andersen spent years tirelessly testing and developing this revolutionary material made of eco-friendly and robust materials.
Fibrex® is composed of:
- 60% partially reclaimed thermoplastic polymer by weight
- 40% wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen’s window and door manufacturing processes
- A customer choice of paint or wood finishing material
This potent combination helps Fibrex® block thermal transfer almost 700 times better than aluminum to assist in decreasing cooling and heating bills.
What Makes Fibrex® Special?
Composite windows have many benefits. They’re generally affordable, durable, low-maintenance, and seamlessly framed. Andersen’s Fibrex® material stands out to us for its superior performance and eco-friendliness!
Andersen’s Fibrex® composite windows are among the most advanced window technologies available. Their durability helps them protect your home from the most extreme Illinois weather conditions. They may cost more upfront; however, they last a lifetime and will pay for themselves in the long run.
They’re also different from most composite windows because they’re completely customizable with your choice of hardware and grille patterns. Additionally, they can be sanded and painted in your choice of exterior and interior color combinations, much like wood.
Why Does Opal Love Andersen Fibrex® ?
We love Fibrex® windows because they’ve lasted the test of time, and they make our customers happy. Our goal is to deliver a wonderful remodeling experience, so this means installing the best products.
We recommend Andersen 100 Series for replacement windows and trust them to improve the homes we renovate. In addition, they come in a wide variety of color and style options to suit just about any home design.
One of the great things about the color options is that they are premixed with the composite itself. So, while they can be custom painted any color, the Andersen pre-finishing lasts a lifetime!
Here Are a Few of the Features That Make Fibrex® Stand Out
Opal didn’t choose Fibrex® as their composite window of choice overnight. This durably crafted product is equipped with features that make it stand out among the competition. Fibrex® is a premium composite window that:
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Is two times stronger than vinyl, retaining rigidity in every climate
- Is Energy Star rated and a good insulator
- Won’t rot, decay, mold, and won’t corrode, blister, peel, or pit
- Has smooth corners
- Weathertight seals remain weathertight
- Green Seal certified
- Low VOC emissions
- No painting or wood preservative treatments are required
- Backed by Andersen with one of the best warranties in the industry
- A one-of-a-kind fabrication process that combines pigment with the Fibrex® frame materials during production for true beauty that lasts.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Fibrex® Windows Pros and Cons
There are significant advantages to choosing Fibrex® composite windows over materials like vinyl. A few of their benefits include:
- Sturdiness: Because Fibrex® windows are decay resistant and contract very little, they perform well in Chicagoland’s dry winters and humid summers.
- Eco-friendly: Because Andersen’s Fibrex® windows are made from reclaimed materials, they are the best choice for environmentally conscious customers.
- Long lifespan: Andersen composite windows have a lengthy 35-year lifespan versus 20 years for vinyl windows.
To decide if Fibrex® windows are the best choice for you, it’s essential to look at their disadvantages. Fibrex® cons are few and far between; however, composite window installation and cost should be considered.
- Cost more: Brand recognition and quality carry a premium; however, Fibrex® composite materials perform better than other windows, including vinyl. Additionally, unlike Fibrex® , vinyl is produced by many window companies, meaning the quality can vary from one manufacturer to the next.
- Product distribution: Because Andersen only manufactures Fibrex® windows, if there are production issues or strong demand, you may have to wait longer for them to be installed than you would with common materials like vinyl.
- An exclusive product: Because Andersen exclusively manufactures Fibrex® , you need to be wary about where you purchase them and the experience of the company installing them. Sloppy installation can cause you to miss the energy benefits of your new replacement windows. Opal Enterprises can install your Fibrex® 100 windows. Our installation crews have been factory-trained by Andersen to put in your new windows perfectly the first time.
Get a free virtual consultation for Naperville or Des Plaines exteriors
Visit Opal and Choose Andersen Fibrex® As Your 100% Composite Window
Are you interested in getting replacement windows from Opal Enterprises? We serve the west and south suburbs of Chicagoland. Stop by our Des Plaines or Naperville showroom, where you can see and experience Andersen Fibrex® firsthand!
You can also look at our project examples map for installations we’ve done in your area, including Andersen 100 Series windows. For the best replacement window contractor and installers in the area, contact us for more information or schedule a free consultation.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation