When installing new windows for your home, it’s important to consider a number of things. For starters, you should decide on the type of window you want. Casement windows are a great option if you want to open up your home to the outdoors without dirtying your interior.
Casement windows are easy to install if you reach out to our team at Opal Exteriors. We have the knowledge and skill to install any type of window into your home. For your Des Plaines home, our professionals can assist you with anything you need.
What Are Casement Windows?
If you are looking for a window that easily opens up to the outdoors, then a casement window might be a great option for your space. Casement windows open outward to the left or right and have a supporting arm cranked open with a handle. Most casement windows are easy to use because they have a fold-down handle that makes them easy to turn.
Additionally, these types of windows offer plenty of ventilation, and are usually installed in areas that need good airflow. Bathrooms and kitchens are the most common places for casement windows. Casement windows bring about various benefits in any place you decide to install them, which we will speak more about below.
Questions? Call 847-380-8868 in Des Plaines and 630-355-6557 in Naperville
What Are the Benefits of Casement Windows?
Casement windows have many advantages to them. These advantages include:
- Exceptional airflow: As stated above, casement windows can offer your home plenty of airflow. They do this because by opening up completely, the breeze outside is invited indoors, creating a natural ventilation system.
- Increased curb appeal: These windows ooze class and charm, and can boost your home’s appearance. Casement windows can add appeal to your home without causing a loss of functionality.
- High security: Casement windows, which shut on all four sides, are extremely difficult to break into. The glass is one of the weakest points in a casement window, so breaking it requires little effort, however, reaching through the broken glass and turning the crank can be challenging. Most individuals and families want their windows to be safe and attractive; thus casement windows get high marks from these individuals.
- Boosted energy efficiency: Similar to many homeowners, saving money on energy bills is important. Casement windows can be shut tightly by hand, enabling you to seal the window and stop energy loss. If you like the idea of spending less on your utility bills, consider casement windows. They’ll help you keep more money in your pocket every year without requiring you to give up your desire for a window that can completely open.
Window Materials Your Casement Windows Can Come In
Opal Exteriors offers a variety of window material options to choose from. We can help you decide which material is best for your budget and home. No matter what type you choose, our installation team will take great care in making everything look beautiful!
We can find the best solution depending on the features you are looking for, the timeframe you need your casement windows installed in, or the cost. Here are some of the materials we can offer you:
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a type of material that is known for being incredibly durable and able to withstand intense and changing climates. In addition, vinyl windows require minimal maintenance and have a long lifespan for the cost. Generally, many homeowners will choose between vinyl and fiberglass.
- Fiberglass: This material is known for its durability and low maintenance requirements. Fiberglass also exceeds the basic ENERGY STAR requirements in a residential home, while also providing heavy-duty security.
- Wood: Wood windows are known for their expensive-looking design and their insulation features, but they require more maintenance than vinyl and aluminum windows, which can become rundown if not taken care of properly.
- Composite: Composite materials are becoming increasingly popular because they are made from wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer blends. Composite windows can bring all the glory and high-end look that wood windows do for less maintenance and a lower price tag.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Other Window Types Opal Exteriors Offers
If you are looking to install a new window in your home, we can help. We have experience working with different types of windows, including casement windows. No matter the space you wish to have a new window installed in, we can help.
Some of the other window styles we offer include:
- Single or double-hung windows
- Awning windows
- Bay windows
- Garden windows
- Bow windows
- Picture windows
- Sliding windows (also called gliding windows)
Speak to Opal Exteriors for Casement Window Installation in Des Plaines
At Opal Enterprises, we know that window installation can be nerve-wracking for homeowners due to the big decisions being made. We make this process easier by providing casement window installation in Des Plaines with the help of our skilled professionals. Because we have experience installing these windows in kitchens or bathrooms, it’s easy for us to make this change as smooth as possible.
If you wish to hear more about the services we offer or our installation process, contact us today. We look forward to speaking with you about your vision for your home, and bringing that vision to life.