Tis the season for fabulous Christmas light displays! Explore the neighborhood holiday splendor with these curated house tours.
- Hop on the trolly! Trolly-la-la-la…la-la-la-la! This is a guided tour of Naperville’s public light displays aboard the famous Naperville Trolly. Tickets are $15 and all ages are welcome. You can also book private tours. Visit www.napervilletrolley.com for tickets and dates. Tickets are limited, so hurry!
- Visit Naper Settlement. Tour Martin Mitchell Mansion and see other light displays on historic buildings at the Naper Settlement. Details at NaperSettlement.org.
- Take a self-guided house tour. Chicago Tribune has a map of 25 spectacular light displays in Naperville. They’re also seeking submissions if you know of one that isn’t on the list. See the map here…
Questions? Call 847-380-8868 in Des Plaines and 630-355-6557 in Naperville
- Lehnertz Ave Christmas Displays – A group of homeowners on this street have a 60 year tradition of decorating together. They even have their own Facebook page! Go to Lahnertz Ave on the Northeast side of Aurora to see the displays. There are other nice decorations throughout this same neighborhood, including the Peanuts-theme decor on Lehnertz Circle.
- Holiday House Tour – Tour 5 unique homes from 1800’s historic to modern Frank Lloyd Wright inspired. These homes are generously decorated for your viewing pleasure. Use the Geneva House Walk Guide to take a self guided tour.
- Parcell Family House Display – Visit this spectacular home with detailed holiday displays. The house has it’s own website, Facebook page, and live video feed! It’s located at 813 Cheever Avenue, Geneva, IL 60134. It’s also a Toys For Tots official donation site. Details at twasthenightbefore.com
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
- Holiday House decorating Contest – Tour participating houses across Batavia. Click here for the list of houses! Get contest updates on the Batavia Park District’s Facebook page.
Get a free virtual consultation for Naperville or Des Plaines exteriors
- Holiday House Walk – View the 2016 map at wheatonholidayhousewalk.com to take your own tour of festive decorated houses around historic downtown Wheaton.
- Winter Wonderland Light Decorating Contest – The Downers Grove park district is holding a light decorating contest. Houses can be toured by using the map on their website: dgparks.org/winter-wonderland The displays are separated into 2 categories: traditional and Griswold/non-traditional.
Want more holiday lights fun?
Here’s a fun map we found on Patch.com for the best light displays in the suburbs:
- Drive Carefully Please! If you’re doing a driving tour be mindful of the road and your surroundings. Briefly pull over to safely view lights. Watch for other drivers and allow them to pass you. Look out for pedestrians and always give them the right of way. Drive politely and quietly through neighborhoods.
- Be courteous to the homeowners and their neighbors.
- Best touring times are late evening and early night time. Don’t tour too late, many lights get turned off after 10pm.
- Enjoy, be safe, and stay warm.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation