Installing a replacement entry door provides an immediate facelift for your home. Replace your weather-worn door with one that’s solidly built and brightly colored to improve the look and resale value of your property. Let us install a new entry door in your Chicagoland home.
With our high-quality entry door installation in Des Plaines, we guarantee you’ll see your energy bills drop and your home’s comfort level rise. After all, if you see light through gaps in your front door, you’re letting in wintertime cold air and summertime heat.
When Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Indications that you need a new front door aren’t always obvious, and the wear often occurs gradually. By the time you notice that there’s a problem, your old door could be exhibiting multiple warning signs like:
- Visible damage: Dents, rust, and splitting are some of the most prominent indicators that your door is past its prime. Visible damage like this is unattractive, but even worse, it means the door’s structural integrity and security capabilities have been compromised. Also, your climate-controlled air is probably escaping, and water could be leaking in.
- It’s difficult to open and close: The material of older doors tends to expand and contract, so over time, they don’t fit as well in the door frame as they used to. As your door rubs on or gets stuck in the frame, you will have to use extra effort to get it opened or closed.
- Gaps along the edges: A door that isn’t fitting well or has worn weatherstripping might also have visible gaps where light comes in around the edges. And if light can get through, that means hot or cold exterior air is also infiltrating your home.
- Higher heating and cooling costs: When more air from the outside makes its way in, your HVAC system must work harder to maintain a comfortable interior temperature. The more your furnace or air conditioner runs, the higher your monthly energy bills will be.
- Lack of curb appeal: Your front door is one of the first things passers-by and visitors notice about your home. If it is outdated, unattractive, or doesn’t fit your overall style, you may want to consider an update. A new door will improve the look of your home and could potentially pay for itself by increasing your property value.
What Front Entry Doors Do You Offer?
As the foremost Des Plaines entry door installers, we provide you with numerous choices when selecting a front door for your home. Select an option that aligns with your renovation plans and design aesthetics, including these exterior door materials:
- Wood: Wood doors are perfect for painting or staining to coordinate with your home’s exterior. They last for years, and we can custom finish them for you.
- Vinyl: Vinyl doors resist heat transfer and offer an airtight seal against thermal intrusion: efficiency that translates to energy savings. Vinyl doors are a cost-effective entry door choice, with lower maintenance and higher strength than pricier materials.
- Steel: Front doors made from steel are exceptionally durable, making them the perfect choice for beefing up security in your home. They’re also foam-filled and built with thermal adhesives to maximize energy efficiency.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is a kind of reinforced plastic reinforced with glass fiber. This makes them highly durable and lightweight. Fiberglass entry doors also boast a long lifespan and can resist nicks and dents, meaning they’re an excellent low-maintenance choice.
What Door Styles Do You Offer?
We offer a wide variety of custom door replacement solutions for your home. Depending on your tastes and the type of replacement door you’re looking for, styles include:
- Custom-shaped doors
- Decorative glass
- Single entry
- Double entry
- Hinged or swing-style
Several of our door styles come with customization options to let you add a one-of-a-kind touch to your home. These options include distinctive specialty doorknobs, paint finishes, and attractive stains.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Why Should I Choose You for My Entry Door Installation?
As a family-owned and -operated business, we understand that most remodeling projects are an investment in your home and your family’s future. That’s why we provide a selection of quality entry doors at competitive prices for your Des Plaines front door installation.
Manufactured by industry-leading brands, Alside, Andersen, Kolbe, and ProVia, the doors we offer enhance energy efficiency, bolster curb appeal, and fortify your home’s security. Enjoy our selection of doors that:
- Have advanced features, including thermal barriers and composite top endcaps for remarkable energy efficiency that help drop your energy bill costs.
- They are constructed of superior materials able to withstand severe Illinois weather and deter possible intruders.
- Come in many styles, colors, and materials to match various aesthetic preferences and architectural designs.
Plus, we are so confident in our work that we’ll provide you with the Opal Advantage Lifetime Labor Warranty. Our team is committed to the highest standard of excellence on every window and door we install. As an added feature, we also offer 35% off door installation labor.
Get a free virtual consultation for Naperville or Des Plaines exteriors
Quality Entry Door Installation from Opal Exteriors
Every entry door installation project by Opal Exteriors starts with a no-obligation consultation at your home, where we will discuss your needs and learn about your vision. Then, with our photo galleries, design software, and idea books, we will help you choose the front door that’s ideal for your property.
Quality entry door installation in Des Plaines doesn’t have to break the bank. Convenient financing plans are also available through our partnership with EnerBank USA to help you make your dream a reality. Contact us today to get started.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation