There’s a saying that if you don’t look back at your home in admiration as you drive off or take a walk, you haven’t really built a beautiful home. And a beautiful property isn’t necessarily an imposing architecture or a stunning edifice.
Sure, those can be nice. But if you’ve ever seen a simple but elegant and breathtaking one-story family home, you know what we’re talking about. Every truly gorgeous property has a few components that make them stand out. One of these components is bay windows.
Usually made up of three big glass panels, it has a middle picture window flanked by two other windows on both sides. If done correctly, bay windows can accentuate a property’s elegance. If you’re currently thinking of installing bay windows in your Evanston property, Opal Enterprises’ Evanston bay window installation technicians can do that and give your home the “whoa” factor.
Benefits of Installing Bay Windows in Evanston, IL
Bay windows have a lot of merits. These include:
- Improved natural lighting in the home
- Expansive views of the outdoors
- Can make your home bigger by expanding the space outward
- Adds curb appeal and improves your home’s aesthetic value
- Great for rooms where you want to store cherished mementos
- Improves the house’s or room’s functionality
- Makes your home look elegant and sophisticated
- Improves property value so you can sell your home for more if you want
- Easy to maintain
- Dazzles neighbors and passersby
- Increased energy savings
- Improved ventilation in the home
These are just some of the more common benefits of bay windows. Homeowners who have installed bay windows in their homes attest to other intangible benefits such as the emotional satisfaction and feeling of awe that visitors get when they stare at their bay windows. You cannot go wrong with bay windows in your home. They are worth every cent and will continue to provide excellent returns for decades.
High-quality, energy-efficient windows in your home
What Types of Bay Windows Should You Choose?
That depends on your preferences. Bay windows have many features. But first, you need to understand the types of bay windows that are available to you. They include:
- Canted bay windows –These are the most common type consisting of a flat middle section and two angled sections
- Circle bay windows – These tend to have bigger windows with some extra window panes located on top of the regular three sections. They tend to have more ornamental or intricate designs on them.
- Oriel bay windows – These are the classic bay windows that were popular among old mansions and buildings. These are usually built into the side of the house and suspended on a platform.
- Box bay windows – These are similar to canted bay windows. The key difference is that, unlike the two flanking windows that are positioned at 30 or 45 degrees in canted windows, the flanking windows on this one are positioned at 90 degrees.
Then, there are different styles to choose from. Yes, types and styles are very different when it comes to bay windows. Some styles of bay windows include:
- Victorian bay window style
- Bungalow-style or craftsman bay window
- Mid-century modern bay window style
- Modern bay window style
All four have their merits and demerits. We know that all these might be somewhat confusing to you, but we can always explain this in detail when you get in touch with us at Opal Enterprises. Each of these four window types also has multiple options—materials, frame, panes, etc–that you can choose from.
The truth is that making this choice by yourself can be overwhelming if you’re not very knowledgeable about bay windows. Thankfully, our bay window installers in Evanston are adequately skilled and knowledgeable enough to help you make an informed decision.
Cost of Installing Bay Windows in Evanston
Bay window installation costs can be anywhere from $600 to $2500. Sometimes it can cost a lot more, depending on whether you’re choosing custom designs. Ultimately, installation prices are usually influenced by the following:
- The types of window materials you want
- The multiple options you choose
- The number of bay windows you’re ordering
- Whether you’re going with pre-fabricated windows or opting for custom designs
- The number of panes you want per window
- Whether you choose a Low-U or Low-E energy-efficient glass
These are just some of the factors that can influence the final cost of installing bay windows in your Evanston home.
High-quality, energy-efficient windows in your home
When is the Best Time to Install a Bay Window in Evanston?
At Opal Enterprises, we also carry out bay window replacement in all seasons of the year including winter. So, don’t let the season stop you from getting the bay windows you want. Also, If your bay window is old and “tired”, you can have it replaced with another one of the same design or another design.
Please note that if you decide to change the design, you may end up paying more. So, what does it mean when you say that your windows are old and “tired”? Here are a few pointers to help you make that decision:
- Outside noise filters into your home
- Energy bills go up in spite of pretty standard usage and no increase in electricity charges
- The wood at the base of the window is warped or broken down from prolonged exposure to sun and moisture
- The bay window style is outdated
- Windows are damaged, chipped, or cracked
- There’s condensation inside the window during the cold weather
- The windows are drafty
If you’ve experienced one or more of these, then it’s time to start thinking of a bay window replacement project.
Hire Our Evanston Bay Window Installation Service
Installing bay windows is a pretty technical and delicate job. No matter how good you are at DIY projects, you’re likely to botch this one. So, it’s best to allow experienced Evanston bay window installation experts from Opal Enterprises to help you with this.
Our window installers are professional, skilled, licensed, insured, and bonded. We are punctual, meticulous, and always install new windows according to industry best practices. Our windows come with lifetime warranties and we offer a five-year labor warranty.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment or get a free estimate.