When it comes to home renovation projects, sometimes the windows in your home can often get overlooked. Many homeowners don’t know what to look for in old windows or can’t see the tell-tale signs of needing window replacements.
If you are ready to invest some money and time into window installation, your home can increase in value while making your vision a reality. Quality improvements call for a quality team, which is why Opal Exteriors can assist you in window installation in Mount Prospect.
Our Window Selections You Can Choose From
Choosing the right window style for your home is very important to do before all else. In a home, there can be various window types, and Opal Exteriors can likely provide solutions for them all. Some of the window options your home might contain are:
- Awning windows: Because these windows are hinged at the top, they are a great option if you wish for natural light and fresh air.
- Single-hung windows: A single-hung window has a set-top sash, which allows you to open it from the bottom.
- Double-hung windows: In contrast to a single-hung window, a double-hung window can open from the top or bottom sash. This way, it’s easier to open a window. The latter window is easier to clean in most cases.
- Casement windows: These windows are perfect for a view of the outdoors. A casement window will open from the side generally.
- Sliding windows: Open side to side (as opposed to up and down)
- Garden windows are boxed windows that are great for specific views and displaying decorative items or plants.
- Bay windows: A bay window is a large window made up of three glass panels projecting outwards. With these windows, you can expect a great deal of natural light.
- Picture windows: These windows do not open, and they provide an unobstructed view of the outside world.
Window Materials We Offer
The type of material you will choose for the window says a lot. With all the options out there and countless features that can be added, you ultimately can get exactly what you want.
Luckily, we offer everything from additional features on well-known materials to completely customizable window options.
Some of the standard windows we can install in your home are:
- Fiberglass windows: These types of windows can protect your home throughout all the wild weather changes you can experience in Mount Prospect. These windows meet and exceed ENERGY STAR® standards, which means that your cooling and heating systems won’t need to work as hard to maintain the chosen temperature of your home.
- Composite windows: Generally, these windows are also a great choice for any home and are made with a blend of wood and thermoplastic polymer. Because composite windows are incredibly durable, they are considered the practical choice that can handle all weather changes. These windows are able to withstand decay, rot, rust, fungus growth, flaking or peeling, and eroding.
- Vinyl windows: Vinyl windows are designed with energy-efficient features, which will limit heat transfer between temperatures and keep your home cool in the warmer months when needed. The maintenance that these windows require is minimal, saving money and time down the road.
- Wood-Clad windows: Known as the most attractive choice, wood windows are the option many homeowners choose if they want to make an impression. They provide your home with exceptional strength and beauty. Because our wood windows are infused with aluminum and vinyl, they can resist the elements and don’t require frequent maintenance.
Determining the Cost of Window Installation in Mount Prospect
The cost of any project can sometimes be intimidating to homeowners. Of course, you want to choose the best material and install windows to be of the highest standard. However, we do understand that the price tag is sometimes too high.
Generally, a few factors go into determining the cost of window installation in Mount Prospect. Some things to consider are:
- The brand of the windows you are choosing may vary in cost
- The size of your window
- The options you choose for your windows
- The number of windows you are replacing or getting put in
- The level of your home Opal Exteriors will install the windows on
Additionally, you can add features to your windows. For example, soundproofing is something that can be done but will come at an additional cost. Furthermore, other expenses should be looked at as well, including:
- The price of window framing your choose
- Needing to replace the siding of your home after the installation process
- Changing or rewiring any electrical components
- Insulating the space your window will be installed in
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
The Window Installation Process in Mount Prospect
When it comes to window installation in Mount Prospect, we have countless years of experience. Our window installation process follows a few simple steps. These steps include:
- Scheduling an initial meeting with you after you first contact us
- Designing a custom solution for your home based on the consultation and vision you have for your home
- Giving you a recommendation from what was previously discussed and showing you an estimate of the cost for the overall project
- Signing a service agreement with us If the proposal we suggested is agreed up
- Project installation for all that is outlined in the contract
- Cleaning up all that needs to be taken care of around the project site
- A final walkthrough and viewing of your new windows
Get a free virtual consultation for Naperville or Des Plaines exteriors
Look to Opal Exteriors for Your Trusted Mount Prospect Window Installer
Now that you have more information about window installation in your home, it will be easier to get started. Choosing materials and the types of windows you wish to add can be very exciting; however, it’s a big task. Seeking professional assistance from Opal Exteriors will take the pressure off you and allow you to see your dream home thrive.
If you have any questions about the services we offer, contact us today. By giving us a call, we can offer you a free quote for the services you choose.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation