Your home should be a haven of happiness and inspiration. But what if you notice your home is outdated and not as efficient as it could be? Replacing your doors could be the first step in the right direction to get your home back on track.
If you are interested in replacing your doors in your Burr Ridge household, Opal Exteriors should be top of mind. Whether you want to replace exterior or interior doors, we excel in door replacement. Our team of experts can help you get started with a free quote.
Reasons to Get Your Doors Replaced
When considering home improvement, don’t forget about the doors in your home. It’s essential to keep them in top condition at all times. If you feel like your doors aren’t working to their full potential, it may be time to have them replaced.
There are countless reasons why replacing your doors is beneficial, including:
- Increased security: It’s no secret that your doors can protect you and your home from many things, including noise, weather, outdoor elements, and sometimes intruders. Replacing the doors in your home can allow you to choose different options and increase security measures if necessary.
- Durability: By installing a quality front door, you will be sure to reduce repair or maintenance costs down the line. Depending on which material you select, upgrading your doors can significantly increase durability.
- Energy efficiency: Doors can wear out over time and fail to provide the same energy efficiency as they once did. Older doors allow drafts or cool air to flow in and out, which can raise your heating and cooling bills. When properly installed, a new door can be very energy efficient and save you money every month.
- Improved appearance: The appearance of your home and your home’s value go hand in hand. When your doors are replaced, whether it be your front door or interior doors, your home will appear better maintained. Some say that your doors set the stage for your whole home, so make sure your doors meet the standard you want your home to set.
Types of Doors You May Choose to Replace
Various types of doors can be found around the home. Between interior doors and exterior doors, many different doors can be replaced throughout your home for increased aesthetics and functionality.
Replacing interior doors is the easiest way to renew and refresh your home. By making these changes, you can improve the appearance of any room. Some interior doors you may choose to replace in your home are:
- Closet doors
- Bedroom doors
- Bathroom doors
- Kitchen pantry doors
- Sliding glass patio doors
When it comes to exterior doors, you have a few options available. Replacing your front door will give your home a new look with increased security and durability.
Choosing DIY or Professional Door Installation
If you wish to start replacing the doors in your home, there are various ways you can do so. While you may think that you can replace your doors on your own, complications can arise.
DIY door replacement can lead to many problems if done incorrectly. Some errors that you could make while replacing your doors on your own are:
- Uneven doors
- Warped doors
- Loose screws
- Squeaky hinges
- Trimming that doesn’t fit quite right
There is a simple way to improve your home while avoiding these common mistakes. Reach out to the professionals in Burr Ridge for hassle-free door replacement.
If you know what type of door you are looking for and which doors you would like to have replaced, hiring professionals to carry out the task is easy. Our professionals at Opal Exteriors can ensure proper installation and quality door replacements to fit your every need.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
The Top Materials for Door Replacements
If you’re looking at your options for a door replacement, there are countless materials you can choose from. Reviewing these materials and weighing your options is the best way to select the right door replacement for your home.
Here are some common materials to consider when choosing a door replacement in Burr Ridge:
- Wood: Wood is the most commonly chosen material for those looking to improve their home. A wood door can be easily stained or painted to fit each individual’s needs. However, wood does come with a high price tag and can swell or rot.
- Steel: This material makes up around 47% of exterior doors because it’s inexpensive, weather-resistant, and offers high security to homes. A steel door is low in maintenance but can sometimes be hard to fix if needed.
- Fiberglass: As the next common door material choice, fiberglass doors don’t dent or rust and can come in many different styles and colors. It’s common for many to choose between fiberglass or wood doors.
- Aluminum: This material is less common for door replacements but still a great choice. With a warranty of around 10 to 20 years, this material is an excellent option for a quality, long-term investment.
Get a free virtual consultation for Naperville or Des Plaines exteriors
*Speak to the Experts of Door Replacement in Burr Ridge
Upgrading your home is rarely a quick fix. However, door replacement can benefit your home in several ways without a home improvement loan. At Opal Exteriors, we support you in your vision and can find a solution to fit your needs and your budget.
If you are ready to start improving your home, contact us today for a free quote.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation