Who is Kolbe Windows?
Kolbe means craftsmanship. Kolbe’s commitment to producing quality windows and doors began more than 65 years ago. Their dedication to expert craftsmanship, handmade touches and attention to detail are why Kolbe products are found in some of North America’s most impressive homes and most unique buildings. Every Kolbe window and door is truly built to order. Their craftsmen focus on building one window or door at a time, so they can create custom-built products for even the most challenging designs. If you can dream it, Kolbe can build it. Take a look behind the scenes to see how Kolbe crafts made-to-order windows and doors
Kolbe brings your vision to life. Customization and craftsmanship set Kolbe apart. If you can dream it, Kolbe can build it. Kolbe Windows & Doors-For the visionaries.
The Kolbe Forgent GLASTRA Window
Opal Enterprises installs Kolbe Forgent Series windows made of Glastra, a proprietary blend of copped, short-strand Fiberglass, interwoven with UV stable polymers (think of it as weldable, stronger type of fiberglass). Kolbe has been around since the 1940s and continues to be an industry leader in windows. Kolbe continuously innovates their products to combine old-world craftsmanship with new-age technology.
Forgent frame corners are welded (stronger than corner key joints). These frame corners:
- Are extremely structural and water-tight. At no point will it ever slip, open, or gap with installation or transportation
- Require at least 400 pounds of pressure to break, typical fiberglass is 100-150
Acrylic film on the exterior means that no painting is necessary!
- Traditional fiberglass paint scratches easily, Kolbe uses an acrylic that is more durable to abrasions than standard fiberglass and has a substantially better lifetime fade ratio.
Furthermore, Forgent Series windows:
- Come in all the styles popular in Naperville, Des Plaines, and other Chicagoland suburbs, including traditional double-hung for timeless appeal, casement for wide-open views, sliding for effortless operation, and awning for ample ventilation even when it’s raining.
- Are available with Glastra or wood interior options
- Deliver energy-efficient and impact-resistant performance to meet local climate demands
- Feature extra strength due to an advanced ladder design with multiple chambers
- Feature a wide selection of exterior and interior finishes for curb appeal
- Bear the ENERGY STAR® label as a mark of thermal efficiency that can ease your HVAC system’s workload and reduce your monthly energy bills.
Worry-Free Window Installations
The window installers at Opal are extensively trained and certified to provide impeccable window replacement service. In fact, our window installation expertise has helped us earn multiple industry accolades that include Remodeling Magazine’s BIG 50 Contractor award and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We will make it easy to get started with your window replacement project. Just contact us, and we’ll schedule a consultation at your convenience. Or visit one of our showrooms located at 1239 Rand Road in Des Plaines and 127 Ambassador Drive in Naperville to speak with an Opal representative.