For homeowners who want to improve the comfort of their homes, glass sliding doors can be a two-edged sword. On the one hand, glass sliding doors can allow natural sunlight to seep throughout the house and help increase the amount of indoor air circulating in a home. On the other hand, keeping the sliding doors clean can be quite challenging.
It is easier for visitors to notice dirt and smudge on these doors. There are convenient ways to keep glass sliding doors clean for homeowners who are dead set on purchasing glass sliding doors. Here are a few tips on how to clean the glass sliding doors in your Geneva, IL, home.
Clean the Sliding Door Rails
The sliding doors that collect the most dirt and grime are the door rails. Neglecting the cleanliness of the door rails can affect the appearance and functionality of the doors. To properly clean the sliding door rails, homeowners can clean the rails using materials like:
- Lubricating grease
- A screwdriver
- A toothbrush
- A small towel
Suppose there is some resistance to movement during the cleaning process. In that case, the ideal cleaning method is pulling the sliding door out from its original position, clearing the grime out, and greasing the tracks before popping the door back into place.
Questions? Call 847-380-8868 in Des Plaines and 630-355-6557 in Naperville
Clean the Glass Surface
Once the door rails are clean, it’s time to hit the most prominent part – the glass. The best way to clean the glass is to:
- Wet a clean cloth into the soapy water, and wet the entire glass surface on both sides of the door
- Let the water sit for a few minutes to slacken the dirt
- Afterward, take a clean cloth or paper towel and wipe off the soapy solution
- Next, take a new cloth and apply a glass cleaning solution to both sides of the door
- After applying the solution to both sides, take a sponge or squeegee and wipe the solution off immediately
Disinfect the Door Handles
After cleaning the door rails and glass, one part of the door that many homeowners overlook is the door handle. This part of the door is exposed to many dirt stains, smudges, and germs. To clean the door handle:
- Take a damp cloth and mix it with soapy water to get the tough spots on the door handles
- Spray the handles with disinfectant spray and wipe them off using a new cloth or paper towel
- Afterward, polish the handle lightly once it has been cleaned
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Call Opal Exteriors for an Estimate Today
Are you looking for the most attractive glass sliding doors for your Geneva, IL home? If so, Opal Exteriors is the place for your home improvement project. Opal Exteriors applies warranties to all of our installations. If we install it, it has a lifetime labor warranty attached to it.
Visit our website reviews to hear what others say about working with us. Call one of our offices in Illinois to schedule an appointment for an estimate, or complete a contact form today.