Traditionally, window frames were made of wood, but vinyl window frames are different. This means you cannot clean vinyl windows the same way you would clean glass windows. Do not use harsh chemicals like bleach, ammonia, or glass cleaners on the vinyl window frames.
You should also not use scrubbing pads, as these can scratch the vinyl. Instead, use our steps to clean your vinyl windows properly at your Geneva, IL, home. Keep in mind you will need to clean both sides of the vinyl windows and frames.
What You Need to Clean Vinyl Windows
When it is time to clean your vinyl windows, there are a few supplies you will need, such as:
- Soft cloths
- Mild detergent
- Vinegar or water
- Silicone lubricant
You may also need a clean towel and newspapers to clean your vinyl windows. Depending on how dirty the windows are, you may need other cleaning products. Typically, the best cleaners are Lysol or Windex.
Steps to Clean Vinyl Windows
Follow these vinyl window cleaning steps to ensure a proper DIY cleaning experience:
- You will first have to conduct a basic inspection of the windows to look for rips or cuts in the screen and cracks or mold.
- The next step is to remove the sash and screens. Removal makes the cleaning process more manageable. You will need to clean the trim and frame with mild soap and water. You will need to use a sponge and soft brush to lift any dirt.
- You will then need to wash the screen. You will need to use your spray bottle to spray the screen gently.
- You should then rinse with water and leave the screen to dry.
- You will then need to clean the tracks and reassemble the vinyl window. You may need a vacuum to clean the tracks and clean with mild soap.
- You can then begin to replace the screen and sashes.
- This can be a great opportunity to also clean your blinds. The best way to wash blinds is to dip a microfiber cloth in warm foamy water and gently wipe the blinds to remove particles.
Why ProVia Vinyl Windows?
While there are many vinyl windows, ProVia vinyl windows are an exceptional choice. There are several care and maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- You will need to keep the sill and tracks free of dirt and debris
- You will also need to keep the holes free of obstructions
- You will need to inspect your windows regularly and replace any broken equipment
- If there are any loose screws, you should also tighten these
- Keeping the area around the window free of moisture or excess water is essential
- Keep humidity at a moderate level
Follow the previous steps to clean ProVia vinyl windows. It is critical never to use harsh chemicals, paint thinners, or gasoline to clean vinyl windows, as these materials can destroy your hardware.
Learn more about our top-of-the-line products in Naperville 630-355-6557
Call Opal Enterprises in Geneva, IL, Today
Geneva, IL, goes through all four seasons, which can cause wear and tear on your old, outdated windows. If you are in the Geneva, IL, area, you will need to find replacement windows that work for you and your home.
Opal Enterprises offers a range of materials and brands of windows. Vinyl windows, in particular, are known to be long-lasting, energy-efficient, and durable. Contact us to schedule an appointment today.
Are you ready to transform your home? Schedule your free virtual consultation