The Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship is awarded annually by Opal Enterprises.
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted at a college, university or graduate school.
- Applicant must have residency in the United States.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing.
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment/acceptance.
- Applicant must provide an original business pitch and short video via the application form on the official scholarship page.
The following conditions disqualify applicants from eligibility:
- Employees or children of employees of Opal Enterprises
- Past recipients of the Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to fill out an interview questionnaire upon winning the scholarship
- Applicants who submit the same essay and/or video for multiple scholarships
All applications must be received before the June 15, 2023 deadline supplied on the application page. Incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
A scholarship selection committee will be formed to evaluate applications. This committee will be composed of Opal Enterprises leadership and associates. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Due to legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer any questions regarding your application status, nor will we be able to provide individual notification to non-winners.
The winners of the Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship will be notified via email. Opal Enterprises will also create a press release and blog post announcing the winner.
The $2,500 scholarship award will be mailed directly to the student’s college or university. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
Personal information collected at the time of application will not be given, sold, shared with, or distributed to third parties. Private and identifying information will be used solely by the scholarship selection committee for the purpose of selecting a winner.
We reserve the right to use the winner’s name and image in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarship, in posts on Opal Enterprise’s website, in marketing materials, and/or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.