Starting your own business is an uphill battle; it requires dedication and self-sacrifice. At Opal Enterprises, we want to encourage young entrepreneurs to follow their dream by awarding an Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship. To participate, send us a written business pitch between 500 and 1,000 words and a short video (up to 60 seconds).
A selected winner of the Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship will receive an award of $2,500.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship is open to any undergraduate or graduate student who can meet the following criteria, as well as high school seniors entering college in the upcoming semester:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- Agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work or study in the U.S.
- Submit the necessary application materials via the form on this page
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship is completely free of charge.
Please review the eligibility requirements carefully and then craft a persuasive business pitch. You will also need to supply a link to a short video of up to one minute informing us of your business concept.
Once your video and pitch are complete:
- Fill out the application form on this page.
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Upload a copy of your business pitch and video files.
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/university/graduate school (Student ID; Letter of acceptance; etc.).
- Important: proof of acceptance is required for incoming college freshmen (i.e. current high school seniors).
Business Plan Information
In your business plan, present the business you own or one that you would like to run. Convince us that your plan is viable and based on sound market research. Feel free to incorporate diagrams or other visuals to convey your message. However, make sure that your personality and passions shine through the data.
The Scholarship Committee will select a winning pitch based on proven industry knowledge, the viability of the business plan, and passion for the project.
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2023.
Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
After the deadline, all submissions will be reviewed by our scholarship selection committee, the formation of which is explained on the terms and conditions page linked above. Depending on the number of applications we receive, the decision process can take anywhere from 1-3 months.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in the event that we need any additional information.
2023 is the first year we are offering our annual Entrepreneurial Students Scholarship, but future winners (maybe even you!) will be listed here. All winners will be sent an interview questionnaire for the purposes of blog announcements and press releases.