If your patio doors aren’t as functional or attractive as you need them to be, it may be time for an upgrade. With locations in Des Plaines and Naperville, IL, Opal Enterprises has been the company homeowners throughout the Chicagoland suburbs turn to when they want to replace their patio doors.
We have partnered with some of the most trusted manufacturers in the business, including Kolbe®, Andersen Windows & Doors® and ProVia® doors. This allows us to offer top-of-the-line patio doors that will instantly enhance the beauty of your home and increase your home’s energy efficiency.
When Should I Replace My Patio Doors?
If you keep an old door too long past its prime, you could be stuck with rising energy bills and an interior temperature that is not as comfortable as it should be. Although the signs of a worn-out patio door can sometimes be obvious, in other cases, they are easy to overlook.
Here are some clues that it may be time to upgrade with a replacement patio door:
- Visible damage: You may see cracks in the glass or damage to the structure of the door itself. This could compromise the security of your home, and it is one of the most apparent symptoms of a patio door that has outlived its usefulness.
- Drafts: Hold a candle near the door and inspect the frame. If the flame flickers or you see gaps around the edges, your door is not well-sealed against exterior temperature fluctuations.
- Sticking: Your door should swing or slide open and closed effortlessly. If you have to struggle, there could be sagging or swelling that causes your door to not fit in its frame as well as it used to.
- Leaks or condensation: Do you ever see water on the inside of the patio door or glass? Water intrusion may have other causes, such as a leaky roof, but it could also be a sign that your door’s seal is no longer water-tight.
- Outdated style: Even a door that is still functional may need to be replaced. For example, if you are simply ready for a change or you want to try a different style or color that will better match the rest of your home.
Patio Door Styles
Patio doors are available in two basic styles: sliding and hinged. At Opal Enterprises, we have both types available in several durable frame materials. They are all energy efficient, available in multiple glass, hardware, and color options, and meet industry standards for ease of entry, storm protection, and forced entry.
Choosing the Right Patio Door for Your Home
The patio door you choose for your home should meet your functional needs as well as your aesthetic preferences. Consider the following factors when deciding which patio door is right for you:
- Space constraints: Since hinged French patio doors need more room to maneuver, sliding doors may be a better choice if you have limited space.
- Optional details: Patio doors can incorporate optional features like between-the-glass grills or blinds. These details can add to the visual appeal and functionality of your new doors.
- Maintenance: Certain materials require more upkeep than others. If low-maintenance patio doors are a priority for you, vinyl or fiberglass could be a better option than other materials.
- Security: High-quality construction and well-made door locks are going to be the most secure against intruders. If security is a concern for you, consider doors made from solid materials like steel or fiberglass.
- Energy efficiency: Choose a new door that meets Energy Star performance criteria for optimal protection against the elements and lower energy costs.
Exceptional Customer Service From Start to Finish
At Opal Enterprises, our goal is to ensure that every customer we work with has a first-rate remodeling experience. Once you place a call to us, we’ll visit your home for a free consultation. We’ll listen to your objectives and recommend a patio door that aligns with all of them.
And, after you’ve decided on the patio door that’s right for you, our factory-trained technicians will arrive at your house and install it quickly and professionally. What’s more, you can have peace of mind in your investment because our lifetime labor warranty backs it completely.
Contact Opal Enterprises for Your New Patio Doors Today
We have a wide range of patio door options available on display at our conveniently located showrooms. So if you need new patio doors, stop by or make an appointment to learn more about our products and services.
Turn to the best in the business for your home renovation projects! Contact the patio door replacement experts in Naperville and Des Plaines, IL, at Opal Enterprises today.